A nasal tumor is a kind of swelling that appears in a person’s nasal cavity. It is important to note that not all types of tumors are cancer. The nasal tumors usually appear in different parts of the nose such as the nerves, the blood vessels, nasal lining, or even the cartilage. The most common type of the nasal tumors grows slowly in a person’s nose without invading into any particular nasal structures.
Common varieties of nasal tumors
This type of nasal tumor is very rare. It is a type of tumor that can arise in any part of a person’s nose. This type of tumor can be caused by inverted papillomas, adenocarcinoma, melanoma, plasmacytoma, giant cell tumor among other causes.
Malignant tumors are a type of tumors that can easily spread to other parts of the body are commonly referred to as cancers. This type of cancers can be cured through the process of surgery. Examples of malignant tumors are,
- Squamous cell cancer
- Melanoma which is a type of cancer similar to the one that is derived from pigment cells which cause the cancer of the skin.
- Adenocarcinoma is also a type of malignant tumor which is formed from the glandular structures in epithelial tissue.
Signs and symptoms of tumors of the nose
- Pain above the eye or below the eye region.
- Decreased loss of the smelling senses.
- Nasal drainage in the back of the nose and throat.
- Pus draining from the nose.
- Numbness or pain in parts of the face
- Frontal sinus which is the swelling of the region above the eye on the forehead.
You should seek medical attention early enough when you experience the above signs and symptoms so as to avoid complications that can be caused by nasal tumors.